Tuesday, December 15, 2009



How is this for just an average Tuesday?

A couple of weeks ago, I really saw God in action. He never ceases to amaze me. I have a friend at work whose children were critically injured in a car accident. I had been praying for them for several weeks, but what do you say to someone who seems to have lost it all? One night when I was doing my bible study ( Me, Myself and Lies) there was a scripture that literally lept off the page. God was speaking directly to me, and I immediately wrote a prayer to my friend and included that scripture. It was Jeremiah 32:17 Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Absolutely nothing is too hard for GOD. That was it.....I finally had the right words for her that GOD provided.

As I wrote the prayer to her, I also copied three other friends that have been a rock to her through this journey. The next morning I received a call from one of the ladies. She was crying and said how much that prayer touched her life. This is a lady that is on shaky ground and had not fully committed to the Lord. I think that prayer was actually meant for her. I was so encouraged by her call, that I began to pray to the Lord. Please Dear Lord, put someone else in my path today that I may help.

When I got to work, another lady whom I am not very close to stopped by my desk to ask me a question about migraines. Another co-worker had told her I had some experience in that area. We first discussed the migraines, but as we talked further I knew she was there for another purpose. She spent an entire hour at my desk (Can you believe I didn't get fired?) and we talked about how she really needed to surrender her life to the Lord, not just going through the motions. After we talked, she called me about a 1/2 hour later and said she went back to her desk and prayed for a better relationship with our Lord. He answered my direct prayer. I specifically asked for him to put someone in my path, and not only did she cross my path, she plopped right down at my desk. How is that for a prayer answered? It doesn't get any better than that. He is so GOOD!

Hillary Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment