Tuesday, January 26, 2010



We hope, but do we believe?

So many times in my life the Lord has done truly miraculous things, and I am still amazed

Last weekend we attended the wedding of my nephew Kevin, the son of my sister-in-law, Patti. At the rehearsal dinner several of his friends of his took the opportunity to wish him and his fiancĂ©e, Olivia the best, and tell a few funny stories about him. However, besides the well wishes and stories each of his friends had something else to say about him, that isn’t said many times about a 26 year old. Each of them told of how he had been an example of a true Christian and how much he had impacted their walk with Christ. What a blessing to know that there are young people today glorifying Christ with their life. Olivia is also a strong Christian, she was raised in a loving Christian home and her Father is a Minister. Their desire now is to seek the Lord’s will in their new life together as a couple. What a blessing! This story could have turned out much differently but by the mercy and Grace of God it didn’t.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. “ John 3:16

God at work……..

When Kevin was growing up his family were members of the Catholic Church, but that was it, they were just names on a membership list. They did not attend church and there was no evidence of God in their lives. Then the Lord began His work! Kevin played on a baseball team and guess what? One of the coaches was a Baptist Minister. “Friend Day” at his church rolled around and of course the Pastor took the opportunity to invite Kevin and his family. They went thinking it was a one time thing, and that it would please the Pastor who they saw every week at baseball games and practices……not so. Hearing the Word of God preached, was something none of them had experienced before and they continued to attend Church. Well, within 6 months Kevin, his sister and his Mother and Father had accepted Christ. You see the people of that Church and their Pastor were earnestly praying for Kevin and his family’s salvation. God had been hard at work. I still remember the joy I felt when I saw Kevin baptized, but also remember my disappointment because of my lack of Faith and Trust in the Lord in this situation. This became a “spiritual marker” in my life that I have looked back on many times to strengthen my Faith and Trust in the Lord.

God is at work and miracles are happening all around us everyday, because of His unending Love, Mercy and Grace. I will end this story here, but it really isn’t the end of the story. God continues to work miracles each day in my life and the life of my family. Watch and you too will see the Lord at work.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1Timothy 1:17

Naomi Zellers

No comments:

Post a Comment