Thursday, October 29, 2009



Chore or Necessity?

Dear Lord, so far today I am doing pretty well. I haven't screamed at anyone or thrown anything in a burst of anger. I have not grumbled or gossiped or whined. I haven't been greedy or self-centered. I have not yet charged anything to the credit card, and I haven't pigged out on the chocolate cake in the refrigerator. However, in a few minutes I will be getting out of bed, and I am going to need your help to make it through the rest of the day. Amen

We may laugh at this prayer but this woman recognized her need for God's help to make it through the day. She obviously considered prayer a necessity. What is prayer to you? Is it a burden that you must get done each day so you can check it off your "to do" list, or is it a blessed necessity in you life?

Think about it!
Excert from the book The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment