Friday, October 23, 2009
It's the Monday before Thanksgiving. You are frantic. The family is coming in three days. You have to clean the house, decorate, cook the meal and be refreshed and happy. Inside you are about to panic. Have you been there? We have all been there. Today we are going to "focus" on a few helpful hints to help us have a calm, enjoyable holiday.
1) Plan your meal now. Start picking up ingredients you need as you see them on sale.
2) Choose a room or two each week between now and the week before Thanksgiving(there are 4 weeks) and clean them from top to bottom. That way the week of Thanksgiving all you have to do is quick run through.
3) Start decorating. Light a seasonal candle while you clean, it will help you get in the holiday mindset.
4) If there is anything you can prepare ahead of time DO IT.
5) Don't be afraid to ask for help.
6) As you are cleaning give thanks to God for all your blessings this year. If we keep our eyes on Him it is hard to get frantic.
7) Tackle one holiday at a time.
8)Enjoy your family and friends.
Maybe you prepare for the holidays a different way. Please leave us your "survival tip" in the comments or leave an idea for Focused Friday. Until then....