Tuesday, November 24, 2009




How important is your health?

A few years ago I had pain in the soles of my feet. It had been there for many, many years (decades!) but it was worse that summer being barefoot, on hardwood floors, etc.

The foot doctor (podiatrist) said it was a skeletal problem but he was able to do several simple procedures through a few short office visits and the pain is gone. All gone.

I tell you this because it is amazing to me now that I did not see a doctor sooner. For years my feet hurt but I was always "just too busy" or "didn't have the money" or was "afraid it would hurt." And so I dealt with it. I wish I had taken care of myself sooner.

As women, we're often too involved with caring for others to look at our own needs. Your health is important! If you have a concern that needs to be looked at, call a doctor today. If you're worried about money, ask if there's a payment plan. If you don't have the time, go on your lunch hour and eat a bag lunch in the car. Just go! You'll be glad you did. I know I am. Every day.


Lori Eanes

No comments:

Post a Comment