Friday, November 6, 2009





I hope that you have all had a wonderful week. I am looking forward to the weekend. I was looking at my calendar this week, at the special events over the next 3 months that I need to cook for. I have found this great new recipe that everyone has just raved over. It is so easy. I thought maybe you would enjoy it also. Happy Baking.



Apple Harvest Caramel Pound Cake

Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ medium granny smith apples cored and chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts


½ cup butter
2 teaspoons milk
½ cup brown sugar



Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 9 inch Bundt pan
2. Ina large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon. Pour into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then invert on wire rack.
4. Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake. I like to put a sheet of aluminum foil under the cooling rack to help with clean up.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment