Saturday, February 27, 2010

Searching For The Savior Saturday



Sorry to be late today. It has been a week.
I guess that technically this would need to be put under Tuesday for Testimony Tuesday but I think that after you read it you will agree that it could go under either.
Working in an Ob/Gyn office, I have learned to expect the unexpected. You never know what may happen with a patient or what a patient might say or how they may respond to something that you say.
This week my heart was broken, not just once but twice. I have the honor of doing the "Intake Interview" of the women who have just found out that they are expecting. I have sat in interviews that the woman has sobbed during the entire event or they are so full of questions and have read every book on the shelf before they even got to me and they just took their test 3 days ago. I have sat with very young women at the tender age of 15 and the more mature Mom at the age of 45.
This week was a little different. Both of my experiences left me with my mouth on the floor and my heart broken and my gut in knots. After going through all the medical part of the chart, we get to go through the "fun stuff". Like Wal-Mart catalogs, Olan Mills and belly to baby pictures, and all of the other great things that you get in that "Goodie Bag". Typically before I go through the bag, I ask "THE QUESTION"......Do you have any questions I can answer before we get started? Both women said the same thing using almost the same words......"Do you all do terminations here?" My first response is "Oh NO!!!!" I just calmly reply that we do not in our office but they are more than welcome to meet with a physician if they would like.
My heart wanted to share with them Psalm 139. To express to them that those cells are now a baby. There is a plan for that baby. That baby is not an accident. It has a beating heart, arm and leg buds, moves around, has a developing brain and on and on I could go. I wanted to tell them how much God loves them and how He has a plan for them and that He sent His Son to die for them. I wanted to wrap my arms around them and tell them that we would stick with them through it all.
I have prayed and prayed for these 2 women. Both agreed to see a physician and discuss "options" with them before making such a huge decision. I was overwhelmed for them. Part of me wanted to preach and part of my wanted to hold their hand.
How do you respond when you are faced with someone who is about to make a choice that could alter their life forever? What if you are at work? What if you know that they are a Christian? What is your response? At this point, I can pray for them. I can share a smile and express the love of the Lord through words and actions if I see them at the office. I believe they maybe Searching For The Savior. Oh, how I pray they find Him!!!!!!!!
This week, think on how you would share at work? at home? with a neighbor? Share your ideas in the comment section!!!!!!!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment