Friday, March 5, 2010

Focused Friday



How do we keep it all together? As women we have a lot of responsibilities. One that I have struggled with for a very long time was getting ready for dinner.
The same questions every night.....
What's for dinner?
What do you want?
What do we have?
I don't want that!
I wish we had......
Does that sound familiar? Then, when we can't up with the right answer, we order out, we go through a drive thru window, we eat a bowl of cereal and call it a night(not that cereal can't be dinner but you get the idea).

Anyway, I am a "Blog-Reader" I am always interested in how other women seem to have it all together and I am totally amazed by the bigger families that have up to 6 children in the home. All of that to say, I kept seeing these posts about cooking all of this food in one day for about a month and you put it in your freezer and as the month goes by, you just pick and choose what you want and either put it in the refrigerator to thaw or your pop it in the oven to bake.
LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!!
One problem......My freezer would never hold all of that. I don't have anywhere to put a small freezer. I had to do some thinking and really try to narrow it down. That's when it hit me.....
DO A WEEK AT A TIME.......Plan what I wanted for a week. The main dish was the key. That would be the focus. Prepare them all at one time. Place them in the fridge and then they are ready to reheat each night.......It just had to work.
IT DOES WORK!!!!!!Italic!!!
Key is planning.
Join me here next week and I'll tell you how and maybe even plan an "event" at church to show you how to do it.
Are you interested?
Want more time with family?
Want more money in your budget?
Stick with me and I'll tell you about it next week!!!!!!!

Focused with You,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment